The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for an extraordinary customer service person
for its Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 department.
This position performs customer service functions. Duties include telephone and reception coverage, maintains records,
files and related materials as well as sorts, classifies and files materials in alpha, numerical, or digital sequence and provides
staff support for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV)/Section 8 Department and assigned projects. The position also assists
other staff as requested by Program Manager – HCV/Section 8.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, 401(a) pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability
insurance are paid by employer.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA
are employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– High school diploma or GED.
– Two (2) years clerical experience.
– Type 25 wpm and have working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and basic computer literacy.
– A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum experience and
education requirements at the sole discretion of DHA.
– Works effectively with angry, hostile and/or verbally abusive individuals.
– Performs data entry efficiently and accurately.
– Ability to learn Section 8 program and follow HCV division policies and procedures and HUD regulations.
– Ability to obtain recognized DHA certifications as required.
Starting Salary Range
$2,627.45/month ($15.16/hour) to 3,117.89/month ($17.99/hour)
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled