Competitive salary with excellent benefits
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) seeks a professional, experienced, detail oriented, motivated, and conscientious individual to fill our Assistant Manager position in the Human Resources Department.
Under the direction of the Manager of Human Resources, participates in the development, implementation and administration of human resources programs, projects, and policies; performs a variety of professional duties involving employee relations, classification and compensation, labor relations, benefit administration, training and talent development, and other human resources best practices; provides assistance to departments concerning a variety of human resources matters. Coordinates special projects and on-going human resources programs as assigned. May supervise assigned staff. May serve as acting Manager of Human Resources as assigned. This position entails a variety of administrative and clerical work in support of the HR system.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, and 401(a) pension plan (10% of the annual salary is contributed by DHA) are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
$73,035.17/year to $91,293.98/year
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Human Resources or related field.
* Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resource policies and procedures.
* Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for minimum education and experience requirements at the sole discretion of DHA.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of principles and practices of public human resources administration.
* Must have specialized and technical experience related to job evaluation, recruitment, selection, employment and termination of employees.
* A valid Colorado driver license. Eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with the Personnel Policy.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this position you must include your salary requirement.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.