The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for an individual to perform various duties within our Housing Choice Voucher (HCV)/Section 8 programs.
Under minimal supervision of a Program Manager – HCV/Section 8, this position performs assignments in any or all of the following areas of responsibility: annual and interim reviews, fraud investigation and recovery, new applicant processing, moving and leasing processes, rent increases, rent reasonableness, portability, orientations, conferences and hearings as well as applies related policies, procedures and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development regulations pertaining to the Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 programs. The Certification Specialist II must be able to perform, when needed, all the duties of the Certification Specialist I as well as the Administrative Clerk duties. Must join and maintain membership in AFSCME Local 535.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, 401(a) pension plan (10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by employer.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* High school diploma or GED. Associate degree or college level course work in human services or related field preferred.
* Three (3) years of clerical experience.
* Knowledge of all HCV/Section 8 programs preferred.
* Type 25 wpm.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements at the sole discretion of DHA.
* Ability to obtain Rent Calculation Certification within six (6) months of hire. Employer provides training.
$46,399.17/year to $57,998.64/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.