The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver, (“DHA”) is a quasi-municipal corporation with a portfolio of over 12,000 units and Housing Choice Vouchers (“HCV”), providing affordable housing to more than 26,000 very low-, low- and middle-income individuals representing over 12,000 families. DHA has transformed public housing in Denver, creating vibrant, revitalized, sustainable, transit oriented, and mixed-income communities of choice.
Denver Housing Authority’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
DHA owns and operates over 3,900 conventional public housing units that are subsidized by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”), nearly 700 subsidized multi-family units, and about 200 other locally funded housing units. DHA also administers the federal HCV program, formerly known as “Section 8”. The HCV program combines and replaces the Section 8 Certificate Program and the Section 8 Voucher Program and makes it possible for low-income residents to live in privately owned rental housing throughout the city. DHA acts as an agent for HUD in this program, making subsidy payments to the private property owners of HCV holders. DHA, on behalf of HUD, administers up to 6,900 vouchers.
DHA is governed by a nine-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Mayor of Denver and approved by the City Council.
Performs complex administrative work conducting quality control audits of public housing and tax credit property tenant files and Housing Choice Voucher (“HCV”) participant files. The audits will measure and ensure compliance of all program documents with financing restrictions, HUD regulations, the Housing Authority of the City and county of Denver (“DHA”) Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan and Administrative Plan. Performs compliance audits of other processes subject to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) regulations and/or DHA policies or procedures. Prepares reports using appropriate templates and maintains up to date the compliance database.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university required.
* Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in HUD assisted housing programs, to include experience in quality control and audit practices.
* Knowledge of HUD assisted housing programs, including public housing and HCV.
* Knowledge of tax credit housing programs.
* Knowledge and understanding of basic quality control and audit practices.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational and experience requirements.
* A valid Colorado driver license is required. Eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with the Personnel Policy.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (employer contributes an amount equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long-term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Beginning salary range:
$62,983.60/year – $78,729.83/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
Salary requirement must be included with application and/or resume.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org. Applications filed previously will not apply to this posting; a new one must be submitted. Please specify the position for which you are applying. No phone calls please.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.
DENVER HOUSING AUTHORITY
1035 OSAGE STREET, 9TH FLOOR
DENVER, CO 80204
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
HEARING IMPAIRED: Colorado Relay TDD 1-800-659-2656