The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent, and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Partners closely with the Chief Real Estate Investment Officer (“CREIO”) to manage and oversee Real Estate operations, including implementation of Strategic Plan goals and development of policies, procedures, and investment priorities and mechanisms for real estate development, acquisitions, dispositions, financing, marketing, and partnership activities for the Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”). Interfaces with the Board of Commissioners and other DHA staff in financial planning, asset management, and strategic goal setting. Supervises select Real Estate staff.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance, and shirts are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
*Four-year degree in business or public administration, urban studies, urban planning, finance, architecture, or related field.
*Five years’ experience in real estate development at senior project management level or higher.
*Two years’ experience in a management or supervisory capacity.
*Requires demonstrated expertise in tax credits, bond financing, and loans.
*Requires demonstrated expertise in real estate development.
*Requires demonstrated expertise in land use entitlements.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.