The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) is seeking an experienced coordinator for our Resident and Community Connections Department. DHA’s Resident and Community Connections (“RCC”) Department is dedicated to improving the lives of low-income families and individuals living in public housing and Section 8. RCC provides vital programs and services that help residents enhance their skill sets to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
The Education and Employment Coordinator assists with the program design and implementations of DHA’s education and employment programs. Duties include providing service coordination, client outreach and assessment, case management coordination, resource development, and employment programming to program participants.
- Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
- Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
- 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
- Health insurance and 125 Plan.
- Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
- Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
- Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
- Four (4) year degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in coordinating with community and city agencies.
- Two (2) years of experience in family case management concepts including assessing and identifying client strengths and needs and providing referrals for assistance.
- Knowledge of community resources sufficient to be able to utilize them to provide services and resources to clients.
- Skill in interviewing techniques sufficient to be able to interview clients to obtain and verify information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to communicate effectively with clients, management, and the public, both verbally and in writing.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Valid Colorado driver license and eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with DHA’s Personnel Policy.
Starting Salary: $23.36/hour – $29.20/hour
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
- by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
- by emailing your application and/or resume to HR@denverhousing.org
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.