The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinator for its Resident and Community Connections department. DHA’s Resident and Community Connections (RCC) Department is dedicated to improving the lives of low-income families and individuals living in public housing and Section 8. RCC provides vital programs and services that help residents enhance their skill sets to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
The position provides case management, resources, referrals, and education to low-income DHA clients in the Family Self-Sufficiency (“FSS”) Program. The FSS Program provides supportive services, education, and case management services to help clients work towards economic self-sufficiency, focusing on career building, financial literacy, and education.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long-term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases, and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Four (4) year degree in social work, sociology, psychology or related field.
* Valid Colorado driver license and good driving record must be maintained in accordance with personnel policy.
* Three (3) years of human services experience.
* One (1) year experience working with low income and culturally diverse populations.
* One (1) year case management experience required.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirements.
$48,589.09/year – $60,736.37/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* By faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* By emailing your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.