We are committed to protecting the integrity of our housing program and ensure that benefits are received only by eligible households in accordance with federal regulations.
Fraud is taken very seriously at DHA and if you suspect it is occurring, you are obligated to report it. We have made it easy to report with the option to remain anonymous.
All reports of Fraud will be investigated by DHA. Violations are punishable pursuant to local, state, and federal laws and may jeopardize continued housing assistance.
What is Fraud?
Fraud is any wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in personal or financial gain. There are many things that can be considered fraud within affordable housing, such as: not accurately reporting income, subleasing your unit, unreported tenants, providing false information on any documents turned into DHA for review and certification.
How to report Fraud?
Please be specific with your report and provide as much information as possible, including the persons you suspect of committing fraud, where they live, and when the alleged incident occurred. Residents and employees may use any of the reporting method below.
These are the ways to report suspected fraud:
- Call the toll-free numbers:
- English-speaking USA and Canada: 833-202-5178
- Spanish-speaking USA and Canada: 800-216-1288
- Spanish-speaking Mexico: 01-800-681-5340
- French-speaking Canada: 855-725-0002
- Contact us if you need a toll-free # for North American callers speaking languages other than English, Spanish, or French.
- Website: https://www.lighthouse-services.com/denverhousing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (must include “DHA” with report)
- Fax: 215-689-3885 (must include “DHA” with report)
- Anonymous reporting app: Keyword – denverhousing
- Using the Lighthouse Anonymous Reporting App (link to app instructions and QR Codes)