The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a Housing Counselor for its Resident and Community Services department. DHA’s Resident and Community Services (RCS) Department is dedicated to improving the lives of low-income families and individuals living in public housing and Section 8. RCS provides vital programs and services that help residents enhance their skill sets to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
This position provides case management, resources, referrals, and education to low-income clients of DHA’s Homeownership Program. Services to be provided include pre- and post-purchase housing counseling, managing a caseload, assessing client status, facilitating group work, preparing and coordinating materials for client assessment process and classes, presenting classes, networking with relevant agencies, maintaining accurate records in computer and paper file system, and facilitating fee for service and income generating activities.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Minimum of four (4) years working with low to moderate income families in the area of real estate, homeownership, banking or related field.
– One (1) year experience working with low income and culturally diverse populations.
– One (1) year case management experience.
– A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirements.
– Must possess a valid Colorado driver license and maintain a driving record in accordance with the personnel policy. Access to an automobile for full-time use.
– Any certification required to qualify for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) Housing Counseling Counselors, including but not limited to HUD-certified housing counselor and Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (“HECM”) counseling certification.
$43,174.00/year to $47,636.36/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.