Full-time year round
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to provide geospatial analytics in our pursuit of housing, neighborhood and equity goals.
Under the direction of the Director of Planning and Data, the GIS Technical Analyst/Planner is responsible for development and execution of projects such as, but not limited to, demographic and spatial analyses, custom mapping, aerial photography analysis, creation and maintenance of datasets, and geocoding. Will provide strategic geospatial analytics to the Planning and Data, Real Estate and Development, Housing Management, and Executive Departments in pursuit of housing, neighborhood, and equity goals.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Four (4) year degree in Geography or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science, Natural
Resources or related field, and/or accredited certification in GIS.
* Experience and proficiency with GIS software platforms such as GIS-ESRI, Google Earth, MS Office Suite, MapInfo, Manifold, Python, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
* Two (2) years’ experience in the fields of planning, real estate research, development, marketing, or retail site selection with a passion for working on community-oriented projects.
* Knowledge of spatial data, related models, formats, coordinate systems, and conversions.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
* Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
$61,748.63 to $77,186.11 per year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.