The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to provide geospatial analytics in our pursuit of housing, neighborhood and equity goals.
Under the direction of the Director – Planning and Data, the GIS Technician/Planner is responsible for development and execution of projects such as, but not limited to, demographic and spatial analyses, custom mapping, aerial photography analysis, creation and maintenance of datasets, and geocoding. Will provide strategic geospatial analytics to departments across the agency in pursuit of housing, neighborhood, and equity goals.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Degree or studies in Urban Planning or related field with a focus on GIS.
* Two (2) year certificate or four (4) year degree in Geography or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or related field, and/or accredited certification in GIS
* Experience and proficiency with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Storymap, ArcGIS Dashboards, ArcGIS Experience Builder, Instant apps, GIS-ESRI, Google Earth Pro, MS Office Suite, Python, Excel, etc.
* Two (2) years’ experience in the fields of planning, affordable housing, real estate research, development, marketing, or retail site selection with a passion for working on community-oriented projects.
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is helpful but not required.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
* Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
$62,983.60 to $78,729.83/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.