The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Responsible for the development, facilitation, and coordination of housing goals in the Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”)’s Housing Choice Voucher (“HCV”) programs that are dedicated to homeless and homeless partnerships. This position identifies rental opportunities for assigned clients and will serve as the initial primary point of contact between landlords, service providers and clients. The Housing Navigation Specialist serves as vital support to the DHA Service Coordinator, Denver Health and Hospital Authority (“DHHA”) Care Manager, and the HCV Department to assist with overall housing stabilization for assigned clients. The Housing Navigation Specialist’s priority includes, but is not limited to, DHA’s 655 Broadway property and its (14) Single Room Occupancy (“SRO”) transitional housing units.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Four (4) year degree in social work, sociology, psychology, human service, or related field.
* Three (3) years of experience in community outreach/organizing work.
* Experience working with low-income and culturally diverse populations.
* Experience with supportive and service-enriched housing programs.
* Experience working with housing and serving homeless and other vulnerable populations preferred.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
* A valid Colorado driver license is required. Eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with the Personnel Policy. May be required to provide own vehicle or have access to a vehicle to transport clients.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of annual salary contributed by DHA), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustment are given depending upon current policy.
Starting Salary Range
$53,897.13 to $67,371.10/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.