The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a person to perform a variety of office support duties in one of our developments.
This position performs a combination of front office reception and accounting functions utilizing a computer to input information/data to create, edit, compile, manipulate, and retrieve files and/or databases and create reports as well as operating office machines, maintaining a complex filing system, interviewing current and/or qualified candidates to determine initial or continued eligibility, processing routine maintenance requests and screening residents’ complaints. Must join and maintain membership in AFSCME Local 535. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long-term disability insurance, and clothing allowance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living (“COLA”) adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
*Two (2) year of minimum general office experience.
*High school diploma or GED.
*Valid Colorado driver license and good driving record must be maintained in accordance with policy.
*Must obtain Rent Calculation, LIHTC and Certified Occupancy Specialist certifications (trainings provided by DHA) within six (6) months of hire.
*Types 25 wpm.
*A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.