CATEGORY: Regular – Fulltime
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $5,145.72 -$7,718.64/MO
JOB SUMMARY: This position is assigned the daily management and administration of assigned areas of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV)/Section 8 Program. Position will supervise the direct responsibilities of assigned HCV/Section 8 staff and ensure compliance with federal law, applicable regulations, The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) /HCV policies and procedures. Works with supervisor to develop department goals which includes but is not limited to planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day operation and activities of the HCV inspection department. Works with the supervisor to provide supervisory plan regarding the oversight of projects and action plans, performance measure, program enhancements which include participant/housing provider outreach. Perform various Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections (as required), conduct quality control Inspections. Resolves participant and housing provider issues/complaints which include Housing Assistance payment (HAP) /Utility Allowance payment resolution.
See the full job description on the Hub for additional requirements.
TO APPLY: All applicants must submit an in-house application form to apply for the position. Applications filed previously will not apply to this posting; a new one must be submitted. The application must be received by the Human Resources Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 21, 2022. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications of the job description. If you do not receive confirmation of application receipt within 24 hours, please contact HR at 720-932-3057.
* This is a bargaining unit position. All applicants will be evaluated and selection made according to the criteria listed in Union Contract, 1/1/2022-12/31/2024.
* Please contact the Human Resources Department, 720-932-3057, Colorado Relay TDD 800-659-2656, to request reasonable accommodation in the job application process and/or to enable you to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years in construction, inspection, or related field.
- Three (3) years supervisory and management experience in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible work experience in management and/or administrative duties.
- Working knowledge of HCV Program/Voucher (Section 8)/PBV/SRO/MOD/VASH programs.
- Knowledge of HQS to ensure compliance with building, health and fire codes.
- One (1) year experience of human relations and dispute resolution.
- A combination of appropriate education and an additional four (4) years of relevant work experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirement.
- HQS Certification or equivalent required at time of application.
- Lead Based Paint Assessment Certification or equivalent required.
- Ownership or access to an automobile for full-time use.
- Must wear appropriate attire to meet all physical and safety expectations of the job.
- Valid Colorado driver license.
- Maintains a driving record in accordance with the Personnel Policy.