The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to oversee a maintenance crew while planning and organizing the maintenance tasks to maintain quality control and safe housing environments.
Duties include estimating cost of materials, labor and equipment, organizing and scheduling work, supervising a crew performing maintenance tasks (from lawn care to technical HVAC, plumbing, and electrical assignments), training employees in relevant maintenance procedures, ability to use a variety of materials and tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks, and communicating and working effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance, and uniforms are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
*Maintains a building industry license or certificate or gas service certificate or higher as provided through the City and County of Denver or the State of Colorado.
*Five years minimum experience in the building maintenance trades to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, gas or building maintenance.
*High school diploma or GED.
*Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
$73,682.87/annually to $92,103.97/annually
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.