The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a maintenance technician to do semi-skilled maintenance and custodial work.
This is an entry level position responsible for the preparation of vacant units for rent. Duties include standard interior and exterior minor maintenance, grounds keeping, routine semi-skilled maintenance and custodial work to prepare vacant units for rent.
The hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Over-time is offered for after-hours emergencies. Must join and maintain membership in AFSCME Local 535.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance, and uniforms are paid by DHA.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA
are employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living (“COLA”) adjustments are given depending upon current
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– One (1) year maintenance experience or in related field.
– High school diploma or GED.
– Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
– A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational and experience requirements.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.