The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, quality and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Directs the maintenance and construction activities for all Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) owned and/or managed residential properties. Has responsibility, authority and accountability for resolving a diverse array of maintenance and quality control issues. Ensures that the maintenance staff maintains properties to the highest standards in the most cost-effective way. Organizes, coordinates, and implements maintenance training programs.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Baccalaureate Degree in Construction Management, Project Management or related field.
* Ten (10) years’ construction experience.
* Three (3) years’ experience in the building maintenance trades.
* Seven (7) years progressive management experience.
* Class A Contractor license preferred.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirement.
* Valid Colorado driver license. Eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with the Personnel Policy.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of annual salary contributed by DHA), short term and long term disability insurance and shirts are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Starting Salary Range
$90,444.78 to $113,055.66/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.