Full time year round
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a licensed, skilled Master Electrician.
Performs licensed, skilled electrical maintenance, repair, and/or installation of various types of electrical systems, apparatus and auxiliary equipment for the purposes of light, heat and power in a cost-effective manner. Work is completed during difference phases of construction, remodeling and maintenance performed on DHA properties. Applies for and receives electrical permits for DHA in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and codes.
The hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Over-time is offered for after-hours emergencies. Must join and maintain membership in AFSCME Local 535.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, pension plan (100% paid by DHA), short term and long term disability insurance, and uniforms are paid by DHA.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– Master Electrician license as provided through the State of Colorado.
– Five (5) years of electrical experience of which four (4) years of experience are in electrical construction wiring for lights, heat and power.
– Two (2) years minimum experience in commercial and/or industrial work.
– One (1) year of experience in planning, lay-out, supervising and installing wiring, apparatus and equipment for electrical light, heat and power.
– High school diploma or GED.
– Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
$53,748.84 – $67,179.77/year.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
To be considered for this position you must include your salary requirement and your master electrician license.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.