The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is seeking an experienced community health worker for our Resident and Community Connections department.
The position is responsible for providing health care systems navigation for DHA residents seeking health care. Duties include but not limited to design and implement health related programs, guiding residents through the health care system, helping residents complete their insurance paperwork, assisting residents in obtaining financial help for their medical services, directing residents to appropriate health services for further diagnosis and treatment, identifying local resources and support, and keeping track of and helping residents get to their appointments.
∗ Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
∗ Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
∗ 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
∗ Health insurance and 125 Plan.
∗ Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
∗ Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
∗ Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
• Four (4) year degree in social work, sociology, psychology, human services, or related field.
• One (1) year experience in community involvement/organizing work.
• Experience working as a Community Health Worker or Patient Navigator.
• Experience with low income, culturally diverse populations.
• Experience in writing grant applications, grant monitoring, reporting, and/or evaluation.
• A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirement.
• Ownership or access to an automobile for full-time use.
• Valid Colorado driver license and eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with DHA’s Personnel Policy.
Starting Salary: $20.75/hour – $22.90/hour
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
∗ by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
∗ by emailing your application and/or resume to HR@denverhousing.org
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website:
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.