The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) is a quasi-municipal corporation that has a workforce of over 300 full-time and part-time employees. DHA is a leader in affordable housing providing housing options to more than 26,000 very low-, low-, and middle-income individuals representing approximately 12,000 families in Denver. DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
This position performs specialized and professional purchasing duties in procurement of materials, supplies and services for DHA. Has technical expertise including, but not limited to, the e-procurement process. Reviews requisitions, prepares Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Invitations for Bids (IFB), evaluates proposals, works toward resolving problems with contractors/vendors and may supervise other Procurement staff. The work involves detailed contract administration and large-volume procurements.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– BA degree in business administration, management or related field.
– Minimum three (3) years professional experience in diversified or large scale government or corporate purchasing,
including, but not limited to contract administration.
– Types 25 wpm.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
– A Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) of the three (3) years of experience requirement. A combination
of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirement.
– Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of annual salary contributed by DHA), short term and long-term disability
insurance are paid by DHA.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are
employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living (“COLA”) adjustments are given depending upon current
Starting Salary Range
$58,067.17 to $72,584.27/annually. Must include salary requirements with resume/application.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to HR@denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.