The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a skilled professional for the Finance Division.
This position oversees the administrative paper flow and record keeping for the Finance department. It provides
secretarial support to the Finance division and ensures the procurement of equipment, supplies and service to the division
as well as assists the Budget Officer and Chief Financial Officer and performs special assignments.
Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The position is located at 1035 Osage Street, Denver, Colorado 80204.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability
insurance are paid by DHA.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are
employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– High School diploma or GED
– Two (2) years of bookkeeping, or accounting experience.
– Two (2) years of experience in performing progressively responsible secretarial duties in a financial environment.
– Ability to analyze accounts.
– Ability to type 45 wpm accurately.
– Ability to operate 10-key calculator by touch.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Ability to balance cash and prepare deposits.
– Ability to type statistical data into final form.
– A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
– A valid Colorado driver license is required. Eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with the Personnel
Starting Salary Range
$35,837.49/yr. – $44,796.28/yr.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to HR@denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.