The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a Strategic Initiatives Manager for its Resident and
Community Services department. DHA’s Resident and Community Services (RCS) Department is dedicated to improving the
lives of low-income families and individuals living in public housing and Section 8. RCS provides vital programs and services that
help residents enhance their skill sets to achieve economic or aging-in-place self-sufficiency.
Oversee and implement programmatic and fund development initiatives that advance the Resident and Community Services
(“RCS”) vision to help residents work toward self-sufficiency. Major initiatives include: ConnectHome Denver digital inclusion,
management of Friends of DHA nonprofit, fund development, marketing, and leading other strategic initiatives that assist RCS
in reaching its strategic departmental goals. Identify steps to reach RCS department goals of raising funds to support
programming and leading specific program initiatives. Works in collaboration with Grant Manager to raise and diversify funds
in program areas of aging in place, economic self-sufficiency, youth development, community building, and digital inclusion.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Vacation leave for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long-term disability insurance
are paid by DHA.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the Roth IRA are
employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– Master’s Degree in nonprofit management, human services, business or marketing, or relevant field.
– Five (5) years’ experience in the nonprofit sector. Experience preparing grant budgets and financial reports.
– Relevant experience in fund development and nonprofit board management.
– One (1) year case management experience with low-income, culturally diverse populations preferred.
– Experience preparing grant budgets and financial reports.
– A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirement.
– A valid Colorado driver license is required. A good driving record must be maintained in accordance with the Personnel Policy. Must provide own vehicle for transportation.
$68,680.81/year to $85,851.02/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.