The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a Youth Development Coordinator for its Community Connections department. DHA’s Community Connections (CoCo) Department is dedicated to improving the lives of low income families and individuals living in public housing and Section 8. CoCo provides vital programs and services that help residents enhance their skill-sets to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
The position assists with the continued program design and implementation of the Youth Employment Academy (“YEA”) Program. Provides service coordination, client outreach and assessment, client case management coordination and resource development. Encourages employment and training opportunities to residents who meet the YEA criteria.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (equal to 10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Four (4) year degree in social work, sociology, psychology or related field.
* Must have a valid Colorado driver license and maintain driving record in accordance with personnel policy.
* Two (2) years of experience in coordinating with community and city agencies.
* Two (2) years of experience working with diverse young adults.
* Depending on the Grant, a combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
$43,160.00/year to $47,636.36/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.