The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Performs purchasing functions related to buying materials and services required by the Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) in accordance with DHA procurement policy and Federal and State regulations. Clarifies user specifications, establishes time frames for advertising and pre-bid/proposal meetings, prepares Requests for Quotes, Request for Proposals and Invitation for Bids; identifies possible vendors/contractors and prepares contracts.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
* Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, management or related field.
* Minimum three (3) years professional level experience in government purchasing, which includes contract administration.
* A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirement.
* Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
* Type 25 wpm.
* Proficiency in MS Word.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of position.
* Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
* Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
* 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
* Health insurance and 125 Plan.
* Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of annual salary contributed by DHA), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
* Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
* Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustment are given depending upon current policy.
Starting Salary Range
$54,975.07 to $68,718.52/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.