Supplier Diversity and Development Resources
Supplier development is leveraged through several partner organizations: the Denver Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), Small Business Administration (SBA), Colorado Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council and the various minority and women Chambers of Council.
|Asian Chamber of Commerceemail@example.com||303-595-9737|
|Black Construction Groupfirstname.lastname@example.org||303-619-2589|
|Colorado Black Chamber of Commerceemail@example.com||303-831-0746|
|Colorado Procurement Technical Assistance Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org||303-365-4921|
|Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerceemail@example.com||303-458-0220|
|Denver MBDA Business Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org||303-623-3105|
|Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Denveremail@example.com||303-534-7783|
|Hispanic Contractors of Coloradofirstname.lastname@example.org||303-893-3893|
|Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Councilemail@example.com||303-623-3037|
|Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commercefirstname.lastname@example.org||303-629-0102|
|Rocky Mountain Micro Finance Instituteemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org||720-941-5037|
|Small Business Administrationemail@example.com||303-844-2607|
Larger suppliers are also encouraged to develop mentor-protégé relationships to help smaller suppliers build capacity. Benefits to this type of arrangement go both ways. For example, the protégé can benefit from the mentors’ knowledge, resources and capabilities. Mentors can refine their skills and note potential areas for improvement. The City and County of Denver and SBA operate mentor-protégé programs that interested suppliers can sign up for.
DHA formal solicitation outline:
- Cover Page. Explains important due dates for questions, proposals and pre-proposal meetings when applicable
- Section B is the Fee Schedule. This will need to be completed
- Section C is the scope of work. This will need to be reviewed to inform what DHA is requesting
- Section D explains the proposal preparation instructions. It outlines exactly what is supposed to be submitted with proposal responses and how proposals should be prepared
- Section E is the evaluation criteria. This is what proposal submissions will be rated on. A response is required for each of those criteria
- Section F is the Education and Employment plan (Section 3). This document is required to be submitted with construction proposal responses exceeding $200,000 and is evaluated.
- The rest of the sections are DHA terms and conditions that require review.
DHA does not offer proposal writing or preparation assistance. However after review of a solicitation in its entirety, feel free to submit any questions that you have in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Two organizations that can provide assistance with proposal writing and preparation are the Denver MBDA Business Center and Colorado PTAC.