Full Time year-round
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is looking for a semi-skilled maintenance person to perform tasks associated with the upkeep, repair and maintenance of occupied and vacant residential units.
Under minimal supervision, the position performs routine semi-skilled maintenance requiring some level of judgement to assist in the repair and maintenance of interiors and exteriors of residential units requiring experience in carpentry, plumbing and other trades as well as ground maintenance and preparing vacant units for occupancy. Position takes a lead role in energy and water conservation and may require training on specific equipment.
Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Over-time is offered for after-hours emergencies. Must join and maintain membership in AFSCME Local 535.
– Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
– Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
– 12 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
– Health insurance and 125 Plan.
– Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of the annual salary), short term and long term disability insurance, and uniforms are paid by DHA.
– Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
– Performance based merit increases and cost of living (“COLA”) adjustment are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
– Must pass test administered by DHA and must have one (1) year DHA Maintenance Technician I or related experience.
– High school diploma or GED.
– Valid Colorado driver license and an acceptable driving record.
– A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
$50,092.18 to $62,615.23/year
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
* by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
* by emailing your application and/or resume to email@example.com.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.